Monday, October 24, 2011

A Little Squirrely

"Then, as for the 'living creatures,' here is a field of unbounded interest and delight."
~ Charlotte Mason Vol 1 pg 56
This past week our nature study seems to have turned a little squirrely. We spent quite awhile Sunday watching a squirrel dig a hole, check the size repeatedly until he had just the right fit for his pecan, use his little forepaws to rake the dirt back in the hole then swiftly pat the dirt down to protect his hidden treasure. (How I wish I had had my camera.)

Fortunately, I did have it Friday when this little guy was very adamantly insisting that Georgi and I leave his territory. Unfortunately for him, his "territory" is a pine tree in our front yard! So, he's just going to have to learn to accept our presence in his space.



(Turn your speakers up to hear him telling us off.)

No comments:

Post a Comment